Sunday, May 25, 2014

Cloverport, KY - long stretches

Due to the sparsity of any kind of service on this part of the route (food, water, camping, electricity), I wasn't able to post  last night.

Yesterday took me through new Albany, IN, which gave a great view of Louisville. Unfortunately, I had to push my bike through a mile of gravel due to a road closure. When in the middle of nowhere, the closure sign might as well have read "haha go back".



I pushed on, and eventually made camp about 30 miles NE of Brandensburg, KY, in a cemetery behind a church. Before you jump into questioning the sanity of this, I was about 30 miles from the next campground, and it's just about the only place that people won't bother you.

The riding has been tough, with long stretches of winding uphills and descents. But the great views have made it worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home