Friday, May 23, 2014

To charlestown, IN - and more stress

No solid sleep last night. Although the forecast predicted 0% chance of precipitation, I noticed at around 1 a.m that it had began pouring. I put on the rain fly over the tent, but found all of my gear soaking at 3 a.m. Apparently I had made camp just downhill of where the gutter of the garage on my host's property hit the ground. My phone is now recovering from water damage (seems to be working somewhat now).

The maps provided by adventure cycling association can be pretty vague, so I missed a turn twice; in both cases, going about 10 miles past the route without noticing. I always seemed to be getting dumped onto crowded state routes, and dog attacks have become commonplace.

Nonetheless, I made it deep into Indiana at its border with Kentucky in Madison, IN. It was a beautiful city, and despite the various setbacks, I would guess today was 75-80 miles.


Bridge entering Indiana in Madison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home